Monday, January 27, 2014

Move It Around


As I sit here, locked in the throws of yet another snow day, I have turned to using what I already have around the house to re-decorate in the hopes that it will keep me occupied and avoiding activity similar to The Shining. One of my favorite things to collect are wooden folding rulers, I love the graphic nature of the numbers and they can be readily found in many sizes and colors at garage sales and antique shops for a couple bucks a pop. I had previously hung them on the moulding of my doorways in our house: 

Since the bookshelves in our den were screaming out for something decorative on top, I went on the hunt throughout the house to find something to repurpose. Not wanting to get all involved in the cutting and nailing to make traditional stars, I just bended the rulers into star shapes and used some thread to hold the ends together. I started with the 3 in the top photo and now have a collection of ruler stars in all different shapes and sizes which never fail to "measure up" in the compliment department…….sorry, couldn't help myself…..

No comments:

Post a Comment