Today's Birdhouse Workshop Idea:
Using unusual items in extraordinary ways! I thought of this handsome group of fellas when I came across some old weathered spindle legs at my local Re-Store. I figured they would make great birdhouse bases, and I was right! The shape is perfect for small birdhouses and the legs can be pushed into the ground wherever you want. I dry-brushed pallet wood white to match the legs and used old end pieces of barn wood I had lying around from other projects. A handful of rusty hardware and some moss from the dollar store and I was in business. The deer antlers give it an unexpected touch that even the menfolk can appreciate, and you can usually scrounge up some smaller single antlers that are not big enough to display if you ask enough guys sweetly enough. Remember to use a drill bit to drill holes in the antlers first (slowly!) then mount using screws. Happy Hunting.......

No comments:
Post a Comment